Thursday, 4 July 2013

Daleks, The Face Of Evil, Daleks, DWM: The Missing Episodes and more Daleks!

So my secrets out there! The serial from the 1970s introducing a new companion is The Face Of Evil, the first story to feature Louise Jameson as Leela! If you've not seen it before or if you want to brush up on it, I'll be blogging about it for the next four days so join in and see what you think. 

I'm having Dalek cravings at the moment; I've just been reading the DWM Archive feature on 2012's Asylum Of The Daleks and it's really put me in the mood to watch some. I've also realised I've only reviewed one Dalek serial to date as well (1963/4s original serial The Daleks) but there are some on the way very soon...

One of the Dalek stories I'll be checking out will coincide with the release of the next DWM Special Edition, which is a second volume of The Missing Episodes, covering the first six Troughton stories (Power Of The Daleks, The Highlanders, The Underwater Menace, The Moonbase, The Macra Terror and The Faceless Ones) so be prepared to go out and buy it next Thursday and relive those brilliant, brilliant stories. Troughton is my favourite Doctor bar maybe Matt Smith and some of these stories are the reasons why. The cover for the new DWM features below.

And if you've been enjoying my look at the current series, have no fear, because I'll be back with Journey To The Centre Of The TARDIS and The Crimson Horror at the start of the week, so I hope to catch you all there.

See you all tomorrow as we meet Leela in The Face Of Evil...


No comments:

Post a Comment