Monday, 17 June 2013

DWM, The Missing Episodes and more!

Hello faithful readers!

Has anyone else been following the rumours of a MASSIVE load of Doctor Who missing episodes apparently being discovered? Don't get your hopes up, as it turns out to be false. It was said around 60 episodes (including possibly the complete Hartnell and Evil Of The Daleks) were in Africa. I spent my entire day off following the story and it was just a load of rubbish.

But towards the end of the day, DWM announced their next Special Edition, due in just one month, The Missing Episodes: The Second Doctor v1. It's essentially a continuation of the recent Hartnell special and covers the first six Patrick Troughton serials; Power Of The Daleks, The Highlanders, The Underwater Menace, The Moonbase, The Macra Terror & The Faceless Ones. I love nearly all of these serials and it goes without saying they should all be surviving, but this and the BBC soundtrack releases are as close as we're going to get bar possibilities of animated episodes (looking positive in the case of The Moonbase and The Underwater Menace) or finding the episodes somehow. I, for one, can't wait for this release, Troughton's my favourite Doctor (after Matt) and I'm sure I'll be celebrating it's release when the time comes with a review of one of the stories selected for volume 1.

In the meantime, I've just finished Let's Kill Hitler and how great are Matt Smith and Alex Kingston? I'm moving on to another brilliant team, that of Tom Baker and Lis Sladen, as I venture into 1976's The Masque Of Mandragora over the next couple days. After that, I'm visiting one of my favourite 1980s stories featuring Peter Davison and if you want to know which one, there's a clue at the top of the sentence.

Hope you're all enjoying what I have to say! If you can't have enough of what I'm saying (impossible!), then follow me on Twitter @Matt_Holsman and you might get a sneak peak at what stories I'm looking at in the future!

Keep the faith,

Doctor Who A Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment